If I were to express myself through song [and interpretive dance...]

Friday, May 25, 2012

Also! Check out my rad Shirley Temple. Finally got it to do the layering properly.  I live a simple life.

Everyone knows that one person, or knows of that one person, who posts song lyrics for every single Facebook status. I'm still wondering if the lyrics are supposed to reflect how they're feeling, or if they just like the lyrics. I just don't know. If it is the former, I have to admit that sometimes I hear a lyric and it relates pretty well to my life - obviously I would never post a song lyric [okay, I might have like, once... but I'm not even sure on that], so here is a comprehensive list of song lyrics that express my most profound emotions:

"Go insane, go insane, throw some glitter, make it rain on 'em" - my idol, Ke$ha. We all need to throw glitter more often. Even if it sticks to everything.


"Are we human or are we dancers?" - The Killers. I honestly still have no friggin' clue what they're trying to get at with this. Are we human? Are we dancers? If we are dancers, what kind of dancers are we? Do we do interpretive dance? Do we dance at clubs? It brings up a lot of serious questions.

The next song is actually super legit. Because it's Marina and the Diamonds. And she's super legit. I'm sure it will resonate with all of you. 


You'll never gonna love me, so what's the news?

What's the point in playing a game you're gonna lose?
What's the point of saying you love me like a friend?
What's the point of saying it's never gonna end?

You're to proud to say that you've made a mistake
you're a coward to the end
I don't wanna admit, but we're not gonna fit
no, i'm not the type that you like
why don't we just pretend?

Lies, don't wanna know, don't wanna know oh
I can't let you go, can't let you go oh
i just want it to be perfect
to believe it's all been worth a fight
lies, don't wanna know, don't wanna know oh

you only ever touch me in the dark
only if we're drinking can you see my spark
and only in the evening that you give yourself to me
cause the night is your woman, and she'll set you free

you're to proud to say that you've made a mistake
you're a coward to the end
I don't wanna admit, but we're not gonna fit
no, I'm not the type that you like
why don't we just pretend?

Lies, don't wanna know, don't wanna know oh
I can't let you go, can't let you go oh
I just want it to be perfect
to believe it's all been worth a fight
lies, don't wanna know, don't wanna know oh