Packing... so much packing...

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

So here we are again - I feel like I've spent the whole of the last year and a bit in some stage of packing or unpacking... having moved from my hometown to my parents new house, two months later moving across the country, packing for various trips back home through the year, packing to move back across the country, unpacking what was left over from moving from home, and now packing to move to my new place in the city! Oh my goodness, you have no idea how excited I am to put down some permanent [for at least for three years] roots in two weeks! No more wondering at which home, and in which box my favourite zip up hoodie is! I'm looking at it right now. This hoodie was of particular concern for me this past year, turns out it was in a suitcase of random clothes that didn't fit me anymore!

The shared closet with my sister might be a little... interesting... but that's what storing out of season clothes is for!

In other news, I have my booklist - and it's way less than I thought it was going to be! Sweet deal! And I applied for my student card, so that should be ready for when I get to town at the end of next week - so I can pick up my transit pass, and be so ready for school on the 4th! I also took advantage of the "upload your own" photo for the ID card since I'll probably have some seriously puffy cheeks, and maybe even some sweet bruising from my wisdom teeth extraction next week... I just hope it'll all be gone by the first day of school... nothing like being a swollen chipmunk face for your first day at a new university... introductions of "No, I don't usually look like this. No I didn't get in a fight. Yes the blood drooling should stop eventually..." don't sound like a lot of fun to me.

I'm still pretty sad that I won't be at the other end of the hall from my Emily. I keep thinking about the first day back, and how I really would like for us to be able to help each other rearrange our rooms, and just chill out in each other's rooms... wow... this is making me depressed to write about! So I'm not going to! That's that.

Other than all that sad stuff, and organizational stuff, and packing stuff, I'M SO EXCITED! I've got ten days between moving, and the first day of school so I am going to get my explore on, and sleep. Yes, sleeping is pretty much top on my list of priorities right now! Then a few days after I get there, my friends from home start arriving [lots of my friends are going to be in the city, or on Vancouver Island as well, just at different schools, but I'll still get to see them!], and I'll get to see them! EXCITEMENT! Now back to packing...