A Blustery Day, Pooh...

Saturday, June 16, 2012


Ah yes. A blustery day indeed. And not such a good one when you sit outside all day. The little museum where I work isn't very big, so I spend most of my seven and a half hour day outside. Not a bad gig when it's sunny like it was yesterday, but man, when it's raining and windy and freezing there isn't a whole lot to love about it. The problem is mostly that I [like pretty much everyone] get really tense when I'm cold, and so my whole body is just aching from that. I wrapped up in a blanket and lots of sweaters, so I wasn't horribly uncomfortable for most of the day... but I do hope it's lovely and hot and sunny tomorrow. Then Monday-Tuesday are my working from home days, and Wednesday-Thursday I start my second job at one of the gift shops here! I'm sure it will be hot and sunny the days when I have to work inside. Classic life.

Tomorrow is also day two of my 5k training... I'm a little nervous for what it might bring, particularly because my legs are still doing quite poorly after day one... I've been hobbling around like someone stole all my joints. Stairs a quite a challenge currently. But my theory is that it will hurt much less to run because I'll be using the muscles the way that they're currently set to be used. I tried doing a bit of jogging around during the bits when it wasn't very busy at work, and it hurt much less than walking. So I guess we'll see! I also hope it's sunny tomorrow so my run will be a little more pleasant. Definitely going to drive to the end of my very steep, gravelly road so I can do the full 30 minutes on dry, flat pavement. According to my mum, she's going to join me, but we'll see just how into that idea she is at six tomorrow morning.

So all in all, let's just hope for a hot and sunny day tomorrow, and we'll see where that gets us! I'm really looking forward to a semi "weekend" while I work from home Monday and Tuesday, but in the mean time I think I will go to bed...